2 minute read
Interactive Messages are used by NGOs to create engaging and dynamic conversations with their beneficiaries. This feature helps NGOs to go beyond simple text-based notifications and include interactive elements like buttons, quick replies, list menus etc. It enhances the user experience through guided interactions and helps the NGOs collect cleaner data.
Create Interactive Messages
1 . Login to Glific.
2 . From left menu list click on
interactive msg tab
3 . Click on
+ ADD NEW button
4 . Enter the details in the form.
1) Title - Title of the interactive message visible on top of the message.
2)Message - The message content you want to send to the user
3) Select Interactive message type.
a) Quick Reply - choose this option, when quick answers for the question is expected like Yes/ No.
i) Enter the Text of first button option.
ii) Click on Add quick reply and add text of the next button.
b) List Message - Choose this option, when an option from the list is required to be choose from the list. Like in below example - 10, 12th, Graduation, Post Graduation. etc.
List Header- this is the text that will appear on the list button, ex. below you see Education.
II) Enter Title of List 1 (you can see in the preview below how list titles and list items will be presented to the users)
III) Enter Title of List 1 item
IV) Enter List Item description.
V) Click on
Add another list item option to add another list item
VI) Click on
Add another list option to add another list.
5 . Select the
Attachment Type if you want to include an attachment.
6 . Enter
Attachment URL to specify the URL of the attachment you want to include
Use Interactive Messages in Flow editor
1 . Create a flow.
2 . While adding a new node, select
Send the contact an interactive message action type.
3 . Use dropdown to select the interactive message that you had previously created.
4 . Click
Sample flow with Interactive Messages.
Output on chat - how it looks post execution.
Use Interactive Messages in different languages.
Please follow below steps to create Interactive Messages in different languages.
1 . Click on the
Edit icon to open the interactive message you have to create in default language.
2 . Click on the language link from top right to add content in the specific language. In this example we are taking Hindi as a language
3 . Enter the translated text in the fields
c) Reply button / List buttons details
4 . Click on
5 . The language specific interactive message will execute automatically for the contacts who has set that specific language in their profile.
- Interactive messages once created either in the form of Quick replies or List, cannot be changed.
- Markdown characters (*, _ , i) are NOT allowed in Header and Buttons of interactive messages. It throws error "Character policy violated" (refer the screenshot below)
- Emojis are NOT allowed in the title field of interactive messages. Please avoid using emojis in the title field.
- If emojis are used in buttons/responses OF Interactive Messages, please make sure to copy and paste the whole string along with emojis from interactive messages and paste it on
Wait for response. You need to use
has only the phraseoption in
wait for responseto match the whole string for valid response.
- A maximum number of Quick Replies and List items are allowed by WhatsApp in the Interactive messages.
Quick Replies - Maximum 3 Quick replies are allowed.
List items - Maximum of 10 List items are allowed.