Managing staff members
You can create accounts for yourself and your team and define the level of access each of your staff member has to the Glific account.
Onboard new staff member
All staff member need to create their account to begin using Glific. Take the following create your account:
Send a message to your organization's WhatsApp chatbot number from your personal phone number and not the chatbot number that you will be creating your account with. You can send 'hi' or any other word and then respond to the bot with the option to optin.
(Please do not use the chatbot number to create an account on Glific. Your individual user accounts are created using your personal phone numbers.)
*The step to send a message to the chatbot first and opting in is important so you receive an OTP message to confirm your phone number in the later step.
- Send a
hito your chatbot from the number you(or the staff) are creating account with.
- Go to your org specific Glific account link. It will look something like this: https://orgname.tides.coloredcow.com/registration
- Click on
create a new account
Registration page will open up. Fill up the required details.
a. Username (this can simply be your first name)
b. Phone number (this is be your personal whatsapp number)
- Click on
- It will send an OTP message on user's WhatsAPP number.
- After providing correct OTP, user will see a registered successfully message. Click on
herelink to login
- You will not be able to login before your admin approves your request. (Important note : If you are the first person creating an account on the system after it has been set up you will automatically be the admin and will be able to log in without approval)
Staff management - Access Approval
- The admin can access the
staff managementpage from left panel to give access to the new staff account.
- Find the user in the list of members. Click on
editicon in the that user tab.
- Select the
roleyou want to give to the new user.
- Optional: You can also select the collections which gives the staff the ability to interact only with the contacts from that collection.
- Click on
If you want to remove access from a staff member, simply change their access to
noneor remove the user from staff management.
After approval, user can access the platform with their phone number and password.
- Admin - Has complete access to all the parts of the platform.
- Manager - Has complete access to the platform except settings and staff management.
- Staff - Has access only to the chat section and their collections. Access can be limited to chatting with all contacts or only to the ones in their assigned collection.
- None - Has No access to the platform. They can’t login. Can be used to block the access.
You can also check User roles access from the
help link below Roles filed.